As of 23 March 2020, at 6:00 am, the Greek government has adopted additional measures to restrict the movements of citizens in an effort to prevent the outspread of the coronavirus in Greece.
Greek and foreign citizens must therefore fill out the “Certificate of Citizens’ Movement”, depending on the purpose of their movement. The “Certificate of Citizens’ Movement” and instructions on completing and using thereof are available on the website https://forma.gov.gr/.
For the needs of restricted movements, two types of documents are available:
Type A: Standing certificate for workers moving to and from the workplace (which you may find in English here in .pdf and here in .docx)
Type B: Exceptional movement from and to your home (which you may find in English here in .pdf and here in .docx)
In case citizens cannot print and fill out the form, they may draw up a handwritten certificate of movement or send an SMS to the number 13033 (free of charge) as follows: X space first and last name and address, where Χ indicates the reason they leave their home using one of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 which correspond to the following reasons:
- Going to the local pharmacy or visiting your doctor, once indicated to do so after contacting them;
- Going to an operating store supplying basic necessities (supermarket, mini market), where the delivery of products to your home is not an option;
- Going to the bank, to the extent that using the e-banking services does not suffice;
- Moving in order to assist people in need;
- Attending a service (e.g. funeral, wedding, christening) in accordance with the legal provisions in force, or for the movement of divorced or separated parents where the communication between parents and children is required, as per the applicable legal provisions;
- Working out in a public place or walking your pet, individually or in groups of two, in which latter case a distance of 1.5 meters must be kept.
- You will be receiving the following text message:
Μετακίνηση (Movement) space X space first and last name and address
In order to assist foreign citizens permanently residing in Greece, the members of PEEMPIP translated the available Certificate forms in different languages (the list of available translations will be constantly updated) and you can download them by clicking on each icon below: